Site Map 

Town of Blanca Colorado

Around Town

Home

History

AroundTown

MoreAroundTown

StillMoreTown

Government

Main Street has changed in the last 100 years. Main Street now is also Highway 160 which runs across the valley from La Veta Pass on the east to Wolf Creek Pass on the west. Main Street is about the same width now as the original settlers planned. (Perhaps they needed the room to turn the horses and wagons around?) On the left is Main Street in 1910.

News

SurroundingArea

Staff

Pictures

Demographics

Contact

Links

Old Town Hall, on the left, built in 1944, replaced the original 1908 one. In 1981, the metal building, center, became Town Hall and the Fire Station. It also housed the town shop and the Costilla County Ambulance. After 1996, the Marshal's Office was in the same building. New Town Hall, right, was purchaced in 2004 with the help of a grant from Colorado's Department of Local Affairs. The offices of the Town Clerk and Marshall moved to the new building. Town meetings are held here also.

More Around Town

 
Click on an image for a larger view and more information.
 

Jean Butler 2014